Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wine Bar and Cafe in Leonardtown, MD

Not far from St. Mary's City is a little place called Leonardtown. We stopped there for lunch at the Wine Bar & Cafe.

As expected, the restaurant had plenty of wine. The decor was a little cheesy. The waitress was not old enough to serve the wine (maybe the owner's daughter?).

The wine was a bit disappointing and had cork in it, but the lobster bisque was tasty. My crabcake was the highlight for sure. It had the perfect amount of breading (not to much).

Chris had some sort of panini that wasn't very good, so unmemorable that I don't even know what was in it. We ended the meal with a chocolate scone pudding that was very rich. It put me over the top.

Not the worst meal I ever ate, but (aside from that crabcake) nothing to write home about.

2 comments:

  1. I went there for my birthday. I had been there 3 times before. Before I go further, I would like to say that I have been in 44 states and 14 foreign countries. I usually eat on someone’s else’s nickel but this was my own. I have eaten wonderful meals and I have walked away from crap. I know good wine and I know a rip-off when I see one.I like the food they serve. It is that simple. Vincenzo’s is also very good and both are still a great place to go for a very good dependable meal.The presentation at the table was very nice as well as meeting Ahmed, the chef. He’s a delightful fellow. He makes the best meal around here by far and uses high quality ingredients. Watching him, you can see that he cares about what he is feeding you.If you want all-you-can-eat, plebeian, institutional, mediocre, family-style food, go somewhere else. This place is a keeper and I would like the place not so crowded.The wine list has some nice surprises for under $32.And the best part is they allow to smoke while drinking.They also have some great Cuban brands like Cohiba, Partagas,Montecristo etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I USE TO WORK THERE...AND I WASNT OLD ENUFF TO SERVE WINE...AND I WASNT HER DOUGTER.
    I LOVED THE PLACE THOUGH, HER FOOD WAS AMAZING!
    AND HER SCONES WERE TO DIE FOR...I WISH SHE HAD NEVER CLOSED!

    ReplyDelete