Monday, September 7, 2009

Review of Capt. John's Crab House

Captain John's is in tiny Cobb Island in Southern Maryland. It's the kind of place where they lay paper out on the table and your neighbor might be a family of bikers.

We feasted at Captain Johns. I mean we really didn't hold back. One order of king crab legs was so enormous we actually had to take some home with us. They were amazing, succulent, buttery, and a must if you are in the area.

It was my first experience with soft shell crab and, I must say, I wasn't a huge fan. The meaty part inside was o.k., but the goop and the shells...eh, eh.

We also ordered fritters, which I had not had since I was a kid. They were just as dense, sweet, and doughy as I remembered. The corn side was a huge disappointment. They came to the table with a soggy mess that could have come out of a can and we had passed a dozen farm stands selling corn on our way there. Sad.

I'd still go back though, just for those crab legs. Holy crap were they good.

No comments:

Post a Comment