Thursday, January 15, 2009

Obama Sighting, 5 Days til Inauguration

The president elect had a meeting right next to my office today. The news went viral. Next thing you know, hundreds of office workers poured into the streets to catch a glimpse and cheer him on.

I didn't have my camera with me, so this really awful, fuzzy picture I took of him at a foreign policy conference will have to do. My forty minute wait (with a coffee break) ended with a glimpse as he drove by and waived.

It was actually kinda fun. Despite the frigid temperatures, the crowd was exuberant. It was like a little pre-inaugural party in the streets. People who normally wouldn't even look you in the face were chatting and joking. It was a bit like Halloween or a really good New Years street party, or this:


No comments:

Post a Comment