Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The National Christmas Tree in Washington, DC

We braved the crowds this weekend and went down to see the national tree. One of the two zillion people packed in to see it described it as a giant, deformed Hershey kiss. Seems about right to me.

Whatever you do, do not drive to (or anywhere near) the national tree. The traffic on the surrounding roads was absurd. Just take the subway to Metro Center and trek the few blocks. It won't kill you. (I can't imagine what we are going to do when the inauguration comes.)

When not snapping pics for myself, I snapped group shots for other tourists. Chris once had the, I think, hilarious, idea of trying to get in as many tourist photos as possible. We would have our mugs in peoples vacation albums all over the world. Eventually, we would surely run into someone during our travels who had our smiling faces in the back of one of their travel photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment