Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Deceit at Buckingham Palace in London

Buckingham Palace is a rather homely building. The gates are topped with silly unicorns. There is tacky gold paint everywhere. Nevertheless, I was very excited about going.

Mainly I wanted to participate in the tradition of trying to make the guards flinch. I had a choreographed jig all planned out. There was no way they were going to keep a straight face.

Then I arrived and discovered that, not only were the guards far, far away from the gate - they were fake! How can they use dummy guards? I know finances are tight right now, but we're talking about the queen of England for Pete's sake. Surely she can shell out a few bucks an hour for someone to stand there. Aren't there some jewels she can sell?

Very disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment