Thursday, July 2, 2009

Review of Lauriol Plaza

The search for a good Mexican restaurant has continued. Pictured here is Lauriol Plaza.

Lauriol Plaza has a few things going for it. They have a large outdoor eating area and a huge dining room. They make some great drinks. And they have an ideal location (between Dupont and Adams Morgan).

The first time I went there (for breakfast) I ordered the chilaquiles. They were awful. I didn't go back for a long time. The next time I was dragged there by my work and ordered a carne asada. It was flavorful and perfectly cooked.

I went back again with Chris. This time I ordered a salad and a tamale. He ordered an enchilada. The salad was passable. The tamale was good. The enchilada was delicious. All in all, Lauriol Plaza is a hit or miss experience. Stop by for a few drinks with friends. And stick to the few things on the menu they seem to do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment