Friday, March 20, 2009

Review of Heritage India

Washington, DC has its share of good Indian restaurants, but Heritage is my favorite.

The environment is casual upscale. You won't feel uncomfortable in jeans or a cocktail dress. The service is normally fairly attentive, although I must say I had a rather poor experience this past Valentines Day. They were in the weeds and it showed.

One side of the menu is dedicated to small plates and, since I love to graze, I generally stick with those. The bhel puri is like spicy puffed rice. Sounds disgusting, but it is delicious. The spicy lamb vindaloo empanadas are as spicy as promised. My favorite might be the sweet chili chicken drumettes - best bar food ever.

Also, they have a fabulously Bollywood website.

Heritage India, 1337 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment