Sunday, November 23, 2008

Review of Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe

I'm about to head out the door to indulge in one of my many weaknesses, book buying. Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe is one of my favorite places to get a fix in DC.

The place has been around almost since I was born. The book selection leans heavily into politics, history, and travel - which is perfect for me.

The restaurant is open 24 hours on the weekends and is a great place for late night dining. It's probably most known for brunch and has the lines to prove it. (Those mini muffins are so good.) The nice thing is that you can kill time browsing through the books while you wait for your table.

The food is standard, but good. The desserts, on the other hand, are amazing. They have phenomenal apple pie and you can get cinnamon ice cream with it. I'm going to have a hard time avoiding the restaurant.

Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe, 1517 Conn. Avenue, NW, Washington, DC

No comments:

Post a Comment