Saturday, September 20, 2008

With the Fishes at the Baltimore Aquarium

This fish has some serious personality, not something you hear a lot to describe a fish. The fish resides at the Baltimore Aquarium. Every time someone would go up to his/her tank with a camera, the fish would swim right up and pose. It was hilarious.

I was at the Baltimore Aquarium because, my work decided to spend the day there for our biannual team day. We spent the morning having a meeting in the huge building owned by Catholic Relief Services. When we arrived one of my work mates joked that she was amongst her people. (She's Catholic.) My first thought was that her people liked to put my people on medieval contraptions and then burn them alive, but I figured she wouldn't really want to hear about that.

After what was a boring (and undoubtedly useless meeting that will never be followed up on), we traipsed through the depressed Baltimore streets to gorge ourselves on plates of pasta at Amicci's in Little Italy. I tried not to think about what Chris's friend, the restaurant health inspector, said about Little Italy restaurants. The food wasn't bad in that cheap, plentiful, Americanized-Italian sort of way.

As for the aquarium. It was pretty good, not as good as the one in Monterrey, but worth a trip.

1 comment:

  1. I love aquariums I got to visit one in the Bahamas, i think it was one of the biggest or something i forget but it was gorgeous! Hey i also found a site that you would like, baraaza.com

    ReplyDelete