Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Review of Love Cafe

Love Cafe is the hang-out offshoot of Cake Love, a luscious DC bakery. Warren Brown, the owner of Cake Love and Love Cafe is an attorney turned baker who also hosts Sugar Rush on the Food Network.

Cupcakes are the specialty at Love Cafe, and it's hard to walk by there without picking one (or several) up. I have to admit that I find some of the cupcakes a little less moist than I prefer. However, whatever they lack in gooeyness, they more than make up for with the frostings.

Unlike most cupcakes, the frostings at Love Cafe are made with real flavors (not extracts) and you can tell. I love the raspberry frosting and the coffee frosting. I'm really making myself hungry here. Rumor has it that cafe has a cupcake bar where you can make your own concoction. They also have other pastries (huge, yummy eclairs), but I can't resist the cupcakes.

Love Cafe, 1501 U St., NW Washington, DC 20009

No comments:

Post a Comment