Sunday, January 13, 2008

Basketball Games, Panda Bears, Politics and Snow!!!

As I mentioned last blog, I’ve never lived anywhere with real seasons before. How excited was I when we actually got snow. This is a park near where I work. It snowed all day and I had to run over to the window in my office every five minutes to watch it. When my boss called to find out if anything was going on, all I said was “It’s snowing!”

The snow picture was actually taken on our way to a basketball game. The stadium is walking distance from my work, much nicer than having to drive an hour and a half to get there, like from Santa Cruz. Of course, the one time we bought basketball tickets in Santa Cruz, we forgot to go. Duh. The Wizards were playing the Cavs, but, as luck would have it, LeBron was out. At least the Wizards won.

Chris and I also stole some time to go to the zoo together. The National Zoo isn’t much, to be honest. Most of the animal houses are small and depressing. However, it is still worth a trip to see the giant pandas. How cute is he. As soon as visitors spotted the panda, they would let out an uncontrollable, “awwww!”

It’s not all games and cuddly pandas. We have, in true Washington fashion, been keeping up with politics as well. I went with one of my workmates to see Barack Obama speak at a foreign policy event. He seemed tired when he arrived, but he livened up once the audience questions began. He is so much funnier when not confined to a two second debate response.

That brings you through December. More next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment